Kick off RCF's 10th Season while celebrating the 30th anniversary of this timeless play, "Steel Magnolias," by Robert Harling, directed by Diane Johnston.
In the fictional northwestern Louisiana parish of Chinquapin sits Truvy's in-home beauty parlor, where the women regularly gather. The play covers events over three years of five lifelong residents of the parish, Truvy, M'Lynn, Shelby, Ouiser, and Clairee, and the one newcomer, Annelle. The women interact at times with conflict and spite while preparing for Shelby's wedding, but in the end remain friends.
"Steel Magnolias" was the first play produced by RCF back in 2009, and we're thrilled to be revisiting this show in our 10th season.
Auditions are by appointment and actors should come prepared with a 2-minute dramatic or seriocomic monologue. Actors may also be asked to read from the script. Callbacks are TBA. To request an audition slot online, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054BA4AD2FABFA7-steel
or call 360.322.7402.
All roles are available. For character breakdowns, note the ages listed reflect the ages of the characters, not the actors. Red Curtain promotes non-traditional casting in all of our productions, including color-conscious and gender-blind casting.
* TRUVY JONES (40+) Owner of Truvy's Hair Salon. Vivacious and dispenses advice with tons of hairspray.
* M'LYNN EATENTON (40s-early 50s) Shelby's mother. Always knows what’s best, strong, stubborn, and good-intentioned.
* SHELBY EATENTON-LATCHERIE (early- to mid-20s) Prettiest girl in town. Loves pink. Strong-willed, passionate.
* ANNELLE DUPUY-DESOTO (mid 20s-early 30s) Newly-hired assistant. Moves from unsure to wild to religious as she tries to "find herself".
* OUISER BOUDREAUX (55+) Wealthy curmudgeon. Tough, Eccentric character.
* CLAIREE BELCHER (55+) Widow of former mayor. Grand dame. Elegant, sophisticated, but her love for life has ebbed.