9315 State Ave. #J • Marysville, WA 98270 • (360) 322-7402
LIVE THEATRE IS BACK!
Red Curtain Foundation for the Arts and ActsOnStage are excited to announce auditions for our upcoming joint production of Neil Simon's well-loved buddy comedy, "The Odd Couple." Directed by Isiah Anderson, Jr, this production will breathe fresh air into this classic by opening all roles to BIPOC actors, and setting the play in an ethnically-diverse New York neighborhood in the 1960s. Actors of all ethnicities are encouraged to audition, with preference going to BIPOC artists.
Actors must register for an audition time slot online https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054BA4AD2FABFA7-theodd and should prepare a comedic monologue no longer than two minutes. Actors may also be asked to read sides from the script.
Please submit your headshot and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, July 13 and 14, at the Red Curtain Arts Center (9315 State Ave #J in Marysville), and Friday and Saturday, July 16 and 17, at ActsOnStage (10806 12th Ave SW, Seattle). Auditions are from 6-9pm each day. Performances will be Sept 10-26 at Red Curtain, and Oct 8-24 at ActsOnStage, with rehearsals split between the two locations. Actors will be paid a travel stipend.
All roles are open. Ages listed reflect the ages of the characters, not necessarily the ages of the actors playing them.
• OSCAR MADISON (M 40s) Oscar is a sports writer and terrible homemaker. His apartment, which is home to a weekly poker game, is a filthy disaster.
• FELIX UNGAR (M 40s) Felix is the ultimate neat freak. Recently separated from his wife, he moves in with Oscar while he tries to rebuild his life.
• MURRAY (M 40s-50s) A NYC cop, Murray is the ultimate best buddy, and peacekeeper. But he's not a very good poker player.
• VINNIE (M 30s-50s) Hen-pecked and controlled by his wife, Vinnie tends to come across as a whiner.
• ROY (M 40s-50s) Oscar's accountant and no-nonsense poker buddy.
• SPEED (M 20s-50s) Easily irritable and impatient, Speed has no patience for anything that interrupts the weekly game.
• GWENDOLYN PIGEON (F 40s) One of two flirtatious sisters who live in Oscar's building, originally from England. Gwendolyn is described as being a bit of a "mother hen" to her sister, but that doesn't prevent either of them from flirting heavily with both Oscar and Felix.
• CECILY PIGEON (F 40s) The other half of the "Coo-Coo Pigeon Sisters."